This is an adaptation of this recipe on Allrecipes. It's a good basic burger recipe! Makes 6 burger patties.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese (I've left this out on occasion and everything was still fine!)
- 1 small onion chopped or 1/2 large onion - anywhere between 1/4 to 1/2 cup (On occasion I'll also leave this out if I'm planning on putting red onion or grilled onion on top separately...)
- 1 egg (Some people recommend halving or omitting the egg entirely, we've always done it with)
- 1 Tbsp ketchup
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat grill or frying pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together cheese, onion, egg, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and spices. Crumble in ground beef and mix together by hand.
- Form into 6 patties and cook until well done.