Thursday, December 24, 2009

Bajio Chicken

I know most of you are fans of Cafe Rio, but I actually had Bajio's first before I ever had Cafe Rio. Most of you who have tried Cafe Rio first probably wouldn't end up going to Bajio's after the fact, but I've gotta say - I love love love their CHICKEN! (And their sour cream, but couldn't find any recipes out there for that...) Bajio recipes are actually quite a bit harder to find, or rather aren't nearly as plentiful as Cafe Rio copycat recipes out there. But I found one that looks quite promising from another blog 'Kara's Kitchen Creations.' Here it is-I will try it out soon, but if you get to it before I do, let me know how it goes. I've copied it out here...

INGREDIENTS:
  • 5 chicken breasts
  • 1/2 cup salsa
  • 1 Tbsp. cumin
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • One 4 oz. can of diced green chilies
  • 6 oz. of Sprite (1/2 can)
PREPARATION:
  1. Combine all ingredients in a crock pot. 
  2. Cook on low for 5-6 hours.
  3. Remove chicken and shred.
  4. Return to crock pot and cook 1 more hour. 
  5. Serve with flour tortillas, lettuce, cheese, black beans, and whatever other taco fixin's your family likes.
Author's Note: This chicken is not real spicy, so you could add some extra green chilies if you like your food with a little more kick. It has lots of juice so serve it with a slotted spoon. Bajio serves the chicken with caramelized onions, I think I might try that next time. Maybe, I don't know if I can handle any more yumminess.

No comments:

Post a Comment