Thursday, December 24, 2009

Ginger Snaps

I'm pretty sure these are the cookies that Mom used to make. I found this in my random recipe binder and it was on a sheet entitled 'Mom's Holiday Recipes' - so I can't really imagine it being anything else! :0) It was during the time when I asked Mom one year when I came for Christmas all the recipes she used and she pulled out all those index cards and we went through them. Little bit of Christmas from home!

INGREDIENTS:
  • 3/4 butter
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 cup molasses
  • 2 cups flour
  • 2 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp ginger
PREPARATION:
  1. Beat butter, sugar, salt, and egg until nice and creamy
  2. Add the remaining ingredients
  3. Form into balls and roll in sugar
  4. Bake at 350 for 10 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment